I have something a little different for you today. So, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Vicky aka The Polish List. I had absolutely no idea what this was; I'm still such a newbie to blogging (I only started in January). So I decided to do a little investigating and read Vicky's post when she later published it. So basically, its an award for bloggers from other bloggers. I was so flattered to be nominated by Vicky for this considering I'm still such a newbie and half of the time I wonder if I'm doing things right. Her blog is just incredible, I'm honored she thinks my blog is good enough. Thank you so much Vicky!
What is the Liebster Award?Well, as I said above, its an award for bloggers, from other bloggers (with German origins).
It is similar in principle to a chain letter in the sense that it is passed forward to other bloggers (you can either choose to accept it or reject it).
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
- Display the award on your blog (by displaying it in your post).
- Answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other blogs (although I have read it can be between 5-11).**
- Create a list of 11 questions for your nominees.
- List these rules on your blog.
- Inform the blogs you have nominated.
So... the questions I have been nominated to answer are:
1. What are your favourite sweets?
Hmmm.... this is a tricky one. I don't really eat sweets or chocolate very much (WHAT?) I'm weird I know. I genuinely don't think I have a favourite...
2. What is your favourite high street store?
Shopping! Now here is something I love! Like seriously I have a major shopping problem, which makes this another difficult question as I love to shop everywhere. My favourites would have to be New Look, Miss Selfridge, River Island, Forever 21 and Primark (who doesn't love a bargain!?).
3. What is your favourite beauty product ever?
Oooh another tricky one... These are good questions Vicky! Well as you all already know I love anything nail polish related but I think my favourite beauty product would be make-up related. Its a tie between my Beauty Blender, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow. My beauty blender has transformed my make-up application. For any of you wondering it is a tear shaped sponge and is just amazing! Cleanse & Polish is just WOW! Hands down the best cleanser and it removes all my makeup so my skin is super clean and soft! Lastly, Dip Brow. This stuff is incredible! I could not sing its praises more. I have the worst eyebrows ever. They are so sparse, I basically look like I have half an eyebrow. This stuff fills in my brows perfectly, its so precise and they stay all day.
4. Who is your inspiration?
This sounds so cliche, but I definitely think my mum would have to be my inspiration. She has been losing weight over the last few years and has now lost over 8st! Which is just incredible! I am so proud of her! It just really shows if you put your mind to something you can do it! She is just such an amazing mum! I love her
5. What is your favourite blog and why?
Another tricky one! This is just so hard! I love beauty blogs and I love nail art blogs. I don't think I could choose just one! I really love +Inthefrow +HelloOctoberxo +My Pale Skin in terms of beauty blogs. I literally can't choose a single nail art blog because there are so many talented ladies!
6. What is your favourite book?
Yet another difficult one. I LOVE reading so much! I've read a lot of incredible books but I think my favourite would have to be the Harry Potter series because it was just my childhood! I've read the series so many times I've lost count.
7. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
This question is just impossible! I always pick out my flaws; I could tell you a million things I dislike about myself. I always struggle with the positives. I literally have no idea - epic fail at this question.
8. Favourite female and male celebrity?
I don't really think there's any celebrities I particularly really idolise. I mean there are celebrities I like but I don't really follow any one in particular.
9. Top three television programmes?
So difficult! I love so many... I get kinda hooked with them. At the minute I'm loving The Fosters, Pretty Little Liars and Vampire Diaries. But I also have some favourites which are either on season break or have completely finished such as Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, The OC, Orange is the New black and Scandal.
10. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have 3 items what would they be?
I'm gonna have to be practical here and say a knife, a lighter and a water purifier as I feel they would help me survive.
11. What is your biggest fear?
I don't think there is any one thing that I really truly fear.
11 facts about me:
- I am a qualified scuba diver.
- I am an absolute perfectionist; I love things being organised and am a little OCD at times.
- I have partial hearing loss; I have a condition called auditory processing disorder.
- I have a scar on my lip from falling off some stilts when I was 6 and splitting my lip open.
- I can't say the word anemone.
- I am addicted to diet coke and tea (very bad lots of caffeine).
- My favourite colour is turquoise.
- My dream car is a split screen VW camper van (in turquoise and white).
- I used to be a brunette (really glad I went back blonde).
- I have German heritage but can't speak the language sadly!
- I am a newly qualified speech and language therapist.
Now... My nominations:
- Minnie Nailbees
- Emma & Jo dahlianails
- Amy hairnailsetc
- Andrea handtasticintentions
- Shannon coffeeandnailpolish
- Lottie letstalknailart
- Sarah mymintnails
- Elaine elainedevriesbeauty
- Nicole spangleynails
- Falguni thenailandbeautycorner
- Danielle nailsnbobs
So if any of you lovely ladies would like to take part my 11 questions are:
- If you could only wear one nail polish for the rest of your life what would it be?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What is your favourite song at the moment?
- What are your top nail care products?
- What is your favourite food?
- Do you prefer books or films?
- What would your perfect day be; How would you spend it?
- What are your top 5 beauty products?
- What was the last nail polish you purchased?
- What is your favourite time of year and why?
I hope you guys have enjoyed this post!