Today I have some more nail art and a little picture tutorial for you so you can see how I created this design!
I've been wanting to create +Cath Kidston inspired nails for a while since this was one of the first designs I posted on my Instagram a year ago! I thought it would be a great chance to see my improvement.
I'm shamefully going to show you my design from a year ago; in a time before I had discovered clean up and hand posing!
I was so proud of them a year ago... I mean they aren't completely terrible but I've definitely come a long way in a year; improvements in detail, clean up and photography! I'm really pleased with them.
So... now a close up of the 'now' design:
- Color Club: Holy Chic! found on Amazon
- OPI: Alpine Snow which can be found at Nailpolishdirect
- Oumaxi acrylic paints found on amazon
- Pure color 10 & Pure Color Glamour 1 brushes from stylishnailartshop
- Dotting tools found on eBay
- Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat +Jill GlistenandGlow
Here is the pictorial:
- Start off with a base coat and then follow with a blue polish (I've done 3 thin coats here for full coverage).
- Using a large sized dotting tool (this is the green one in my pictures) create cloud shapes using white polish.
- Using a detail brush and light pink acrylic paint make rough rose shapes (they don't need to be perfectly circular).
- Using a thinner detail brush and dark pink acrylic paint, paint 'c' shapes around your rose (these are the petals).
- Using the same thin detail brush and white acrylic paint add in more 'c' shapes to give extra shading and depth.
- Using green acrylic paint add some leaves around your roses.
- Using a lighter green add lines inside the leaves for shading.
- Using a small dotting tool and white polish create dots around the cloud shapes.
- Finish with top coat and you're done!