I finally have some new nail art! A little later than I was intending but I've been helping decorate my bros new house which made my nails a bit of a mess!
Anyway today's design was completely inspired by +Nailstorming; A watermelon ruffian.
To create this design I used my new Nails Inc products which I won in the +Grazia UK 'Manicure Monday' competition:
If you follow me on Instagram you'll know I won with this design HERE
My prize pictured above is the 'Kensington Caviar' base & top coat, 'Berkeley Street' gel effect nail polish and a Vitamin E cuticle oil pen! They are all so lovely and this mani was the perfect opportunity to try them out.They are my very first Nails Inc products and I was very pleasantly impressed with them.
So now lets take a look at the mani I created:
I'm really happy with how these turned out. This is my first ruffian design and it is really simple to do! I painted it freehand using Oumaxi acrylic paints over my base of 'Berkeley Street'. I think the most difficult part is getting the curves even (well it is for me anyway as I'm somewhat of a perfectionist!)
I also made a little pictorial for you guys to show you how I created this design:
- I started off with my base coat (for this particular look I used the Kensington Caviar one. After letting that dry I applied 2 thin coats of 'Berkeley Street' this polish was perfect in terms of coverage and applied like a dream. Following this I applied 1 coat of quick dry topcoat.
- Using my Pure Color 9 brush (striper brush) and green acrylic paint I created a curved outline to my nails. You can see the brush in an earlier post HERE and I bought it from Stylishnailartshop.
- Again using the same brush I then applied white acrylic paint in a thin curved line following the green.
- I then painted 3 pips using black acrylic paint (tear drop shape).
- I topped it all with top coat; in this case Kensington Caviar.
- All done!
I really love this design. It's a little different than I usually do and It's not flowers for a change!
I think its perfect for summer time since its so bright.
What did you think of it?
Hope you like it
P.s. I couldn't resist the Beyonce lyric for the title :P