So a few days ago I posted these fox nails on Instagram but I didn't have chance to edit my pictures and write a blog post before the wedding. So basically I'm playing catch up; I still have my bridesmaid nails to show you but I'm waiting on a couple of pics my talented cousin took before I share them with you!
Anyway back to this adorable fox. If you've been following me for a while on Instagram you may well remember this design (back in November last year!). I was originally inspired by +onenailtorulethemall but decided to recreate the design.
Who wants a bit of then and now action?
Can we all just take a moment for that hand pose? I know many of you seem to think my hand poses are rather elegant but it wasn't always that way... I've had to perfect it over time :P I was really proud of these last year and to be honest they aren't too bad but I can definitely see the improvement in 8 months!
I love then and now posts just for this reason. I think its really easy to think you haven't made any improvement so I really encourage you guys to take pictures and look back at them every so often. Practice really does make a difference!
- OPI Bubble Bath £14.95 for a set containing this alongside Alpine Snow and some nail tip guides (£7.95 to buy alone) from Nailpolishdirect.
- OPI Love Angel Music Baby £8.99 from Amazon.
- Color Club Holy Chic! £5 from Amazon.
- Nails Inc Berkeley Street £15 from Debenhams/Beauty Bay (I won it in a Grazia Live comp).
- Essie Romper Room approx £4 from TK Maxx
- Oumaxi Acrylic Paints £12.99 (set of 30) from Amazon.
- #0 Kolinsky brush $6.95 from Winstonia.
- Dotting tools £1 on Amazon or Ebay.
So to create this look I started with 3 coats of Bubble bath. I then added some quick dry top coat to my index finger. A little tip I've found is that if you add top coat before painting your design, if you make a mistake you can rub it off with a wet cotton bud! This of course is only if you're using acrylic paint and you have to make sure your nails are fully dry.
I even created a little picture tutorial for the fox nail... I'm so good to you guys (jokes! I was also supposed to be doing one for the flowers... but clearly forgot to take any more pictures after the base polish... sorry!):
- Start with your base and let it dry fully (I added quick dry top coat to speed things up).
- Using a detail brush paint 2 curved lines in a red/orange acrylic paint (or polish if you prefer) coming to a point at the base of your nail.
- Draw a curved line joining the two lines to form the top of the fox's head.
- Fill in the outline.
- Draw two ears at the top of the fox's head.
- Using a dotting tool and black acrylic paint make two ovals for the eyes. Then using the detail brush paint a half oval for the nose.
- I then added another layer of quick dry top coat. Using a dotting tool and light pink polish paint 5 dots to create a flower on one of the ears. Add a dot to the centre and then finish the full design with top coat.
Apologies for not taking pictures of the flowers! They are really easy to do; just create 5 dots and a dot in the centre. As you can see for the rest of the nails I just varied the flowers at different levels.
As usual I've taken a ridiculous amount of pictures! I like to show the designs from different angles and give you guys a little variety though.
I really hope you guys liked this design! Let me know your thoughts below!